Customer Complaints

Your ability to make a complaint is an important part of improving our business and is key to protection of your rights as our customer. Your rights are protected by legislation through the Water Services Act 2012 and by the Water Services Code of Conduct (Customer Service Standards) 2018.

Our commitment to you, our customers, is to respond to your enquiries as soon as practicable, but within 15 business days from the day the request was received by email or phone call. We commit to providing a single point of contact, and where feasible, provide an on-the-spot response to your enquiry. If this cannot be done, we will investigate. During this investigation, we will agree an appropriate call back schedule with you. We will endeavour to rectify poor experiences by responding pro-actively to feedback.

We believe it is important for our customers to know and understand the process of handling your enquiries and complaints.

What should you include

To help us resolve your complaint as efficiently and satisfactorily as possible, you should contact us as soon as possible with as much information as possible, including:

  • Your name and best contact details
  • The address of the property to which the complaint may apply
  • A description of the problem and the date of occurrence. This could include for example;
  • How it is affecting you, and / or
  • What would you like to see to resolve the issue, and / or
  • Anything else you feel would help us better understand your complaint

What we will do

We will review and investigate your complaint as soon as possible. Most complaints can be solved quickly, some within the day, some within a few days. Others however, where your complaint is complex or requires consultation with other parties, may require some time. On such occasions you will be contacted and kept up to date on the progress of your complaint.
We will advise you of the outcome, or advise that further time is required, within 15 business days of receipt of your contact.

Unresolved Complaints

If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Energy and Water Ombudsman. The Energy and Water Ombudsman will investigate your complaint and may mediate any dispute between you and us.

The complete Customer Complaint Policy can be located in Forms and Documents – Form 13